Hello...Helloo!!!!

Welcome dudes & dudettes, gentlemen & gentlewomen to my site. It's like reading thru' my heart what is across my mind :)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Johor Here We Come






2nd January 2011..

After being fortunate enough to celebrate the end of 2010 with the friends that I love most, it hit me that CHANGE & MOVING are the next on my agenda. I've been putting it on hold, so I can't push it off any longer :((
The whole 2 months I was sitting on my bump, I ain't do nothing. I guess I was in denial that I was leaving anyway.
The night before, I told my dad that I was gonna go back to Gombak & come back the next day to Cheras to pack the remaining items. Heart just felt heavy. Went back to Aunt's place, reached there about midnite, had a yummy dinner.
The next day, packed & leave. Ventured out onto he highway, hopping dad won't be so tired that he'll stop like a million times on the road. Packed the car with some munchies & Red Bull ( to keep dad awake!), stumbled upon Yuna's new CD in 7-11 of all place for soundtrack of the journey.
I've booked 2 rooms of the best yet affordable hotel rooms in JB city; Grand Bluewave Hotel. DOnt' matter what it looks like, as long as it has a pool! So we drove on, I on the other hand was struggling to keep my eyes open the whole time. Urrghhh. Then the sky started to fall...
I was getting really dark outside. It hasn't rain in 3 days. I could see the traffic on the highway, dominated by Singaporean cars heading to Johor. OTW back after NYE celebration in KL I guess. Wished I was heading the other direction. The whole entire journey I was mostly quiet, thinking what to expect when I get there. "Will I work well? Will I adapt? Friends? I miss my friends?? I miss the stupid cats too!". The most important one of all "Will they dump me in SEGAMAT??!. Oh HELL NO!". I think the whole idea of reporting to the state first then the respective hospitals is really annoying. You can't make preparations for moving & work immediately. You're supposed to report to JKN (Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri), then only on the same day, report to the hospital you're assigned to. I was praying that I would get JB. What da heck was I doing applying to JB?
Along the way, in the crazy pouring rain, as if the sky was wheeping for my departure :p, we drove. Pretty glad that we decided to take Baby Rex (Rexton) instead of my Bobo (Myvi). Bobo would like, drown in the rain! So many accidents we came across, prayed we would be JB.
Alas! We got to JB and the sky was clear! Knowing that we would get lost, we turned on Ms. Garmin & Mr. PapaGo for directions to the hotel. I saw the tall skyscrapers; none that I recognised. The last time I went to JB was 26 years ago. Disappointed of the unfamiliarity, I closed my eyes & dream of my KL.
Not bad, Dad only stopped twice for toilet breaks cum stretching. Total time: 5 hours. Now getting to the hotel was a headache. We went round & round searching for the hotel. Didn't know that only mistake was thinkin the arrow on Garmin was a U-turn instead of 'turn right'. If all fails, ask for directions! So we got there...hungry & tired! After checking in, we went to the hotel's restaurant for dinner. Club sandwich was yummy.
Got to the rooms; one for each. My room was lovely. A queen-sized bed, warm shower & roomy!! I jumped on it and aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.... heaven. The quilt was really warm, the bed was so comfortable. I went thru my things to find my jammy, and I left it at home! aaarrghhh! So I grabbed one that I wore the nite before.
The next day, I was supposed to report for duty. How I wished I don't have to!!!!!!! For now I shall dream :)


No comments: